Family Ali

Family Ali

Monday, November 29, 2010

Were are we?




So, Russell just walked in the door from counseling a couple and asked me what I was doing to continue the Rhythm of Love (post trip). My answer...Nothing. I got back from the trip and into life; Holidays, kids with colds, getting a schedule back and trying to tame my spending habit.

I didn't forget you all, I have been milling over all that happened on the trip. FYI we were part of Saddleback Churches "Every Nation." As a church body we went to every single country in the world (195). A movie and book are being released, yours truly (Family Ali) will be in there.

I have re-started our small group. Saddleback has launched a movement (you can call it a movement when Pastor Rick influences hundreds of thousands each week)called 'Decade of Destiny.' We all have a destiny and we are planning out the next 10 years to focus on fulfilling it.
Having the rest of our life be the best of our life! Who wouldn't want that?

Russell and I have a health bet going. $200 by Christmas - I have to loose 5lbs and 1" off my waiste and he has to loose 8lbs. I am rockin at stroller strides (any moms with young kids - so look this up!)and working with nutritionist. I continue to indulge in ice-cream with m&ms, chocolate anything and holiday everything. But - I officially can fit into my jeans again (and 2 pairs of pants I wore on the RV trip I can no longer wear!). It really does take me 9-12mos to loose after a baby. Forget about the fact that I am showing after 6 weeks of being pregnant!

We have been to some continuing education for our counseling ministry. And exploring working with pre-marital couples as well.

We have been visiting with family and friends. Ellen and Leigh and fam (former teammates) came to visit, we have been in Orange County to see A.Nancy/U.Jack, Auntie X and fam (of course her lavish holiday parties), and Nellie, Johnna, Kristin, and Emily who have all had babies while we were away. And Kelly who is almost ready:)

We aren't too busy, we attempt to keep space in our life. But we are in a groove.

Russell is going to write entries from his counseling wisdom.

Lots of Holiday love and cheer!
Janae

No comments: